Monday, February 15, 2010

Best Processer In The World 2010 I Have A Motherboard With A 462 Socket And I Was Wandering If It Would Support A Pentium 4 Processer?

I have a motherboard with a 462 socket and i was wandering if it would support a pentium 4 processer? - best processer in the world 2010

I do not know the make or model of the motherboard, and I'm new motherboard in the world! I currently have an AMD Athlon 1800 + Processer in it and would like to now a faster Processer into it, the motherboard may be the fastest Processer would you support? It is also better to have a Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon? Thank you in advance.

Dan

2 comments:

Phurface said...

No, (462 also known as Socket A) provides no support for a P4. You need to identify the MB if they are compatible with an upgrade. You can use the website to help you know when the manufacturer: http://www.wimsbios.com/awardnumbers.jsp

P4 or Athlon, both have their advantages and disadvantages. I like saving Pentium I, but a few dollars, I have with AMD.

MUff1N said...

Briefly, NO. AMD and Intel socket 2 and are not interchangeable.

Post a Comment